Monday, November 8, 2010

After Party

          Wow.
          Yesterday, Grayson’s party went off fantastically. Stacey and my mother-in-law, Kathy, did pretty much all of the work with me and Stacey’s step dad, Lowell, filling in here and there. It was really a great party and I know Grayson had a blast. It’s hard to believe that he’s three years old now. Thanks to all our family who came and made it such a special day in his life. He now has enough toy tractors, truck, and bulldozers to open a construction site. Thanks to our neighbor, Jeff, for bringing his horse over for the kids to check out. It was truly a great party.
          We would be lost without our family and friends. In my early 20s, I was all about my friends. I would actually dread going to family functions sometimes because I couldn’t be out having a good time, or sitting in Michael’s kitchen playing board games. The older I get, the more I realize how important family is. My family has always been there for me, especially may parents and siblings, and Stacey’s has been there for her. It’s nice to have that dedication from people who truly understand what colossal screw ups we can be. My best friends have become like family so much that I consider them brothers. It weird to think that I don’t have many close friends left (most of which is my early 20s self’s fault) but the ones I do have are way more important to me than friendship. Michael, for instance, has been my closest friend since probably 5th grade. Geez. That’s eighteen years. Even now that he lives in Nashville and I don’t see him that often, when I do see him, it’s like no time has passed. We have that bond that, as far as I’m concerned, no matter what happens in life, we’ll always be here for the other. It’s really refreshing to have that sort of relationship come to the surface again. It was really great to see Michael and Cassie yesterday (and Holden too) and now you guys have me counting down till next October. =)

1 comment:

  1. It was really great to see you all too! We'll see what happens come next year...

    ReplyDelete