Saturday, November 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Grayson!

          It was three years ago today that we were rushing to the hospital for the delivery of Grayson. (Read my Fatherhood blogs for more details on that story.) He wasn’t born until after midnight, but to me, the 6th is just as special as the 7th. The 6th is the day that I decided what kind of father I would be, and the 7th is when it came true.
          So, tomorrow is G’s third birthday and he’ll be surrounded by his friends and family, and most likely, he won’t want anything to do with Daddy, so I’m celebrating today. This kid (and his brother), have made my day, every day, since they’ve been here. Being a father is simply the most challenging and the most fun thing I have ever and will ever do. It’s a constant surprise.
          I’m going to cut this blog a bit short today because I have a ton of party preparations to finish up and I want to be able to actually spend some time with the birthday boy himself. That, and I have goats to tend to.


Happy birthday, Monkey! Daddy loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment