Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Observation

          I awoke this morning very suddenly, I’m not sure what it was, but it was rather jarring. Now, I’m sitting around awaiting the incoming Ice Armageddon (Volume 2) that’s apparently headed our way and I just can’t stop thinking about how fortunate I am.
          I was always brought up with a good family backing, but I married into a family equally as good. I’ve realized this week that, while I don’t make a lot of money, things could be way worse. A girl a see routinely told me this week how hard she truly had it and she wasn’t even complaining, she was just making conversation. I’m glad she’s got the external support she does because I’m pretty sure I couldn’t handle her circumstances. For example, with the heat fully on in her house, the ceiling, walls, and floor are so poorly insulated that it hasn’t been above 50 degrees in there all week. I can’t manage to wrap my brain around that in a way that doesn’t make me feel guilty for the things that I have. Whether through mine and my wife’s hard work or through family, we are very blessed to have the things that we and I’ve realized this week that I have been taking things for granted.
          Take a minute today while awaiting Icepocaplyse or while going to the grocery to get your bread and milk to remember that no matter how bad off life seems, someone – likely someone you know – has it worse and doesn’t ever complain.


The poll is up! Word with the most votes gets used for Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment