Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Too Much Time On My Hands

          Sometimes having so many interests is a real pain. This dilemma may be quite foreign to some of you, but for me it’s a routine problem.
          For instance: right now I’ve found myself with an odd bit of down time. This never happens. I’m not spitting hyperbole at you. Literally, I never have the house to myself without some sort of something that I need to be doing. I guess that tonight the stars have aligned. The boys are spending the night with my in-laws (which they do every Monday night) and Stacey is visiting her grandfather at the hospital. Laundry is reasonably caught up and the dishwasher is loaded and ready to go.
          My conundrum is this: What do I do with this meager free time? Here’s a list of things that I want/need to do.
·        Work on writing my comic
·        Work on writing my novel
·        Practice my guitar
·        Learn to use my amp better than what I do
·        Clean my guns
·        Do research on guns
·        Surf my preparedness forums
·        Listen to podcasts
·        Clean my office
·        Catch up on my reading
·        Work on my Dungeons and Dragons: Dark Sun campaign
·        Figure out schematics to build my amp case
·        Watch one of my library of unwatched movies
·        Play some Xbox

This is just what I could ramble off the top of my head. I’m sure there are more things I could/should be doing, but here I sit. The house is empty. The lights are off and for the first time in three years I can fully hear my own thoughts. For November, it’s oddly warm so the windows are all open and it’s steadily raining.
          There are so many things that I should be doing. Sitting here on a Monday night and writing Wednesday’s blog apparently has topped the list. It’s approaching 11 now so I’m going to wrap it up and head to bed.
I have no kids to bathe and get into bed tonight. No wife to entertain. This is a very peaceful scenario for me. Just me and the dogs. Hanging out.

I might actually lose my mind.

1 comment:

  1. It's like I told you: When life gives you a dilemma, make dilemma-nade.

    ReplyDelete